Our Feature List
This is an extensive list into the major features we provide.
The Creator is our modern and fluid web app that lets teachers easily create and publish assessments for their students. We've designed the Creator to be as easy to use as possible to make using our platform quick and convenient for teachers and students to use. Here's just a few things that the Creator does to help you:
Find out more about the Creator »
- The Creator can suggest ideas for questions to add to your test based on questions teachers have previously created
- The Creator has a lot of theming support - you can change the feel of your assessment to make it more relevant and interesting with a single click, or you can have more precise and custom control if you'd like
- When your publishing your test, the Creator will automatically give suggestions on who you'd like to add as you type
- If you frequently add the same students to assessments, the Creator will ask if you want to make a class with those students in, meaning you'll only have to add the single class the next time you add those students
- The Creator can create several different types of questions depending on what would fit best
Taking a Test
Our platform is designed to be used by a wide range of ages, and our test platform shows that perfectly. At any one time, we only show the students three buttons while they're taking a test - "Next Question", "Previous Question" and "Flag".
- We use smooth animations to visually show a student that they've gone to the next or previous question when they do it
- A student can flag a question that they've got stuck on or found difficult, and they can add an optional comment. When a student does this, the teacher will be told what questions every student found difficult, what areas people found difficult on average, and the comments students made about the questions they flagged. This is useful in identifying where students are struggling with their subjects
- Our test 'player' is cheat-proof - the answers to your assessments are never given to the students computers, they are checked and compared on our highly secure servers
- We can automatically mark any test, even ones with long answer questions in. With the information you give us in the Creator, we can use algorithms to determine a mark for their answer. You can change it yourself if you disagree, of course!
- We support the most popular grade formats (9 - 1, A* - G, percentage, pass / fail). You can select how your students see their result
- Students can view their test after it has been marked to see exactly where they went wrong
It's important to understand which students are doing well and which students need support. Using the data provided from the tests, we'll let you know who's doing well and who isn't.
- We'll tell you who flagged what questions and which questions got the most flags
- We'll tell you which questions the students took the longest to answer, and which ones they flew past
- We'll show you exactly what each student put for each question
- We'll give you a breakdown for each student to show you where they did well and where they didn't
- We'll give you a breakdown of each question to show you where people struggled
Some of the services that we provide are also accessible via our online API. Our API is a hidden, fast way of allowing your IT technicians to tightly integrate Testy.me with your existing systems in order to make using Testy.me as easy and convenient as possible for your students and teachers.
- The most common use of our API is to use your existing login system for Testy.me. Therefore, this allows your students to log into Testy.me using the school account that they already know, meaning they won't need to remember a new username and password pair
- While we provide analytical tools ourselves, the API can fetch information about your students and therefore could be used to create a bespoke application to do some specific analytical queries.
If you're an IT technician and you're interested in integrating our API, take a look at our documentation
We've got a large resource of questions for a large amount of subjects and topics. Instead of only providing teachers with access to this bank of questions, we also let students look at them too.
Question Shuffle is a game where students can enter the subject and topic they want to revise, and we'll give them random questions from that topic from our database. We monitor the questions we give students, and we'll never give them a question that's in one of their uncompleted tests.